PLEASE NOTE - ULA FALA NUT SIZE VARIES with diff nut sizes, Actual size of necklace shipped will depend on size availability and may vary.
- Ula Fala the ceremonial necklace worn to formal occasion in Samoa
- Made from the Fruit of the Pandanus Tree with natural dye colouring added to give vibrant red shade.
- Made in Samoa for Janet’s and widely used for formal occasions and meetings by both Men and Women
- NB - PLEASE NOTE - Ula Fala sold is of the smaller nut variety as seen in picture
- See also Set of 2 x Ula Fala here
- See also Set of 3 x Ula Fala here
Traditionally worn by high chiefs and orators you can wear the Ula Fala (or Pandanus Necklace) for your important occasions and significant events.
Made from the Nut of the Pandanuse Fruit - Ulafala (‘ooh-lah-fah-lah’) The ripe pandanus nuts are sun dried when they are mature and most red and also traditionally colored nut dye would also be added to ensure a vibrant red hue (today red paint is also used). Crimson red is the color of nobility in Traditional Samoa.
When it adorns an individual at a special occasion it is an indication of that persons high status (matai or chief, orator or person of high status or bearing).
Since red is the color of blood, it is a powerful color and often associated with danger and courage therefore it’s only fitting that when it is adorned on an individual at a special occasion it is an indication of that persons high status (matai or chief, orator or person of high status or bearing).
Gift this traditional Samoan necklace to a loved one as an indication of respect and courage. It can also be used a decorative ornament to be hung in a prominent position in the house. It is worn by both Men and Women in modern times