Pear Shell Hook &Golden Shell BRPS143
- Mother of Pearl Shell Piece Carved into Hook
- Trochus Shell Slab Frames and Holds the Pearl Shell Hook
- Polynesian Motif Intricately Carved onto the shell face
- Coconut Sinnet (Husk fibres) woven and tied into ornament
- Adjustable string length for comfortable fit
A lovely piece where we combine two different shells with different and yet complementary lustre and colour – Pearl Shell and Trochus Shell. Every shell is unique; no two shell surfaces will ever be exactly alike.
Mother of Pearl Shell here is carved into a Hook and the Slab it rests on is made of Trochus Shell. Multiple shells were used by expert fisherman for fishing as each shell could be specially carved in to certain shapes and hook shapes allowing certain fish to be caught.
A Janetssamoa.com Exclusive
Taking pride in our Pacific Heritage is important in keeping the culture alive. This piece, like other from Janetssamoa.com is an exclusive an rare piece, only a few will be made in this particular style. It’s important that our customers are able to stand out with unique pieces.